Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Falling for Autmn

There is something magic about fall. Spokane sprinkled the streets and sidewalk in a crinkly cascade of red and orange fire leaves. I use to shuffle my feet and stray into the gutters to prolong the subdue cacophony beneath my feet. Now, far from Spokane, leaves, and even trees I find that even in Arizona there is still something bewitching about fall.

I love the mornings--crisp and sharp like a perfectly ripe apple. Sometimes I go running and get to watch the sunrise. The air around me is not exactly cold but somehow has a keenly sharp edge to it--fresh and new and untasted. I love the way it stings my lungs the tiniest bit, congratulating my determination for trying to wake up early and helping me finish the job.

I love how pumpkin finds its way into everything. Cookies, smoothies, decorations, fires, cakes, breads, puddings, donuts, casserole, and I even saw a pumpkin lasagna once.

I get excited about a brand new wardrobe--sweaters, hoodies (my personal favorite), jeans (wait no, maybe this is my personal favorite), scarves, hats, and fleece pajama bottoms. The colors and fabrics are exciting because they are familiar while still being fresh. I just finished winterizing my closet and while I have a lot to learn about putting outfits together I enjoy the challenge of trying.

Fall has the best smells--cinnamon, peppermint, mashed potatoes, apple pie, pine, vanilla, camp fires, and... of course... pumpkin spice.

Best of all though, I love the togetherness of everything. Neighbors, families, churches, classmates, friends, and people in general tend to merge and cooperate in a way that just doesn't seem to happen after February. People were made to love each other--that is our ultimate purpose and design. I love how the season brings out the who that we should be in just about everyone.

Happy fall everyone.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

HeeHee.
God aint all severe N asleep.
He created me.
So, lemme show you how to wiseabove.

When our eternal soul
leaves our mortal body
to meet our Maker,
only four, last things remain:
death, judgement, Heaven or Hell
according to the deeds WEE mortals
accomplished in our expired existence.

⬆️I'm a re-boot NDE⬇️
If you're RIGHT,
you'll see LIGHT -
follow that to the Elysian Fields.
Let's be tethered2forever Upstairs.

Find-out what RCIA means and join.
Make Your Choice -SAW

⚠️DO NOT⚠️take the Mark of the Beast;
otherwise, we'll be in two, different eternities.
trustNjesus!